February 23, 2018
Here are some links I think are worth sharing.
In this week edition: A lot of music (from afro-latin electronic to hip-hop to unplugged guitar), tips to control your phone, some scientific insights about work, our addiction to convenience, and some impressive pie work.
- 🎧 The afro-latin project Penya released their first EP “Super Liminal“. It’s good! It’s always a pleasure to listen to Run The Jewels.
- 🎧 Do you want a downtempo hip-hop vibe? Listen to Milo – Who Told You To Think ??!!?!?!?!. Do you want to House club vibe? Dance to Peggy Gou – Six o Six.
- 🔑 Take control of your phone. I started using my phone in greyscale mode and removed the clutter on the first screen. I hope it helps.
- 🔑 Why “Deep Work” is Becoming a Competitive Advantage for Companies. Being a remote worker for many years and still having issues focusing, I fully support this article. We need better ways to work.
- ℹ️ “These findings suggest that stressful jobs have clear negative consequences for employee health when paired with low freedom in decision making, while stressful jobs can actually be beneficial to employee health if also paired with freedom in decision making.”
- 🔑 ”If the first convenience revolution promised to make life and work easier for you, the second promised to make it easier to *be you.*The new technologies were catalysts of selfhood. They conferred efficiency on self-expression.”. Tim Wu delivers a spot-on analysis on the role of Convenience in our modern society.
- 👩🎨🍴 Lauren Ko’s pies are original and beautiful.
- 🎧 I love OC Note’s work. He’s always surprising. His new album is innoncent and refreshing. Much needed. OC Notes – New Generation: Embracing the New Age
Thanks for reading!
P.S: You can receive this directly in your inbox. Drop me an email and I’ll send it to you every week.